Tuesday, April 13, 2010

25 weeks and counting...


Wow it has been a while since I have posted......it has been a bit of drama around here.....not to get into too much detail.....I have always had rough pregnancies and this one has been no exception.....when I was 18 weeks along, I ended up going through some unbelieveable amount of pain and had no idea what was going on to where I had my mom, who I was with at the time, call an ambulance. I thought I was going into labor but it felt even worse than that....come to find out after a night in the hospital that I had a gall bladder attack. They ultrasounded my gall bladder and found 100's of gall stones packed in there. So what happend, was one of those stones got out and got stuck in the duct between my gall bladder and pancreas and it caused pancreatitis which is an inflamed pancreas and is very serious. That is the reason I had to stay over night in the hospital to see if my levels came back down to normal. Luckily they did and I was released to go home but only on a strict diet. I met with a surgeon in the hospital and he was way against taking my gall bladder out so I didn't go for it. Then the week later, I got a second opinion from another doc and she said for sure to do it bc if I had another attack, it could be very dangerous to have pancreatitis again and it could affect baby and me. So needless to say, a week later I was in surgery. Very quick surgery and it was laproscopic but it was a very painful recovery. I am feeling 100% now and getting bigger by the day. Thankfully baby and I made it through just fine. So this has been our life for the past few month. All is well now though....still not feeling the greatest with my nausea but whatever....part of life right now. Here is a recent picture of me around 25 weeks....yes I know it looks like I could deliver tomorrow but we got a ways to go. We grow em' big around here. Loves!

10 comments:

Kim said...

Ugg! Sorry to hear about all that! I had gallbladder issues when I was pregnant with Josh and had attacks all the time. My OB couldn't figure out what the pain was and just said it would go away when the baby was born. Ha...it didn't. I finally got it taken out when he was 5 months old when another doctor FINALLY figured out why I was always in sooo much pain. Glad you were able to get it out while you were pregnant and that you're feeling better now!

Ashley said...

Too funny about growing them big! So glad you are okay. That is quite the ordeal...enough birth control for me thanks! Hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well.
Love you.

Jaimers said...

You are so cute!! Why do we have gall bladders anyway? Seem more trouble then they're worth! Glad you recovered okay! Pregnancy is a bummer, really! x

Amanda said...

Yay for a post! You look so cute. I've been thinking about you a lot. I'm glad your 100%. What a crazy time you've had! Hopefully the nausea subsides a little over the next few weeks.

Kaye said...

Thanks for the post . . . Was wondering how you were doing. Glad you're on the upswing and can still count.

Andrea said...

Cute as ever, I had no idea you were not doing so well. Can I help? I would love to go and get us some lunch and chow with you before the kids get home! Let me know which day works best for you!

Jenn said...

Oh man Sar! I feel your pain, similar problem, but kidney. Hang in there...your family is sooo cute...and you are too!!! Miss you!!!!

McAllister Family said...

Sarah, I had no idea you were pregnant! Congratulations! I'm so sorry you have had such a rough time! That sounds awful! I'll tell you what, you are one tough cookie! Your kids are absolutely adorable. I can't wait to see pictures of another cute Goodfellow baby! Sure miss you guys!

Green Montana said...

You look great! Wish I lived closer. Seriously, it would be so nice to be able to help out when you feel like crud. Hang in there sis!

Roberta

Dacia said...

Obviously I am MONTHS behind on blogging but I am slowly trying to catch up - I will have to keep watching to see updates on baby - I would guess you had one 6 weeks ago? I am due in 2 weeks and was shocked to read your gall bladder attach experience - I have gone through the exact same thing with this pregnancy - they decided to wait to take out the gallbladder until baby comes - hope all of you are well!